Summer is here, with temperatures in the past reaching about 101 degrees in the Central Coast, HVAC units are a necessity. Whether you are managing an apartment complex, hotel or communal building, its important to keep your inhabitants happy with a working commercial HVAC unit this summer. During late July and August are going to be busy times to get service on a broken HVAC unit. To help, we decided to list a few easy maintenance tips for your commercial unit.
In this article
We are New Pipes Inc. a commercial plumbing and HVAC contracting company headquartered in Paso Robles, CA servicing the Central Cost. To help property managers and owners, we wanted to list a few easy maintenance tips to perform on your commercial HVAC unit. Regular maintenance can extend the life of your unit for up to 10 years. We’ll list 5 maintenance tips you should know and also include what you need to do if you want to upgrade your unit.
Maintenance tips for your commercial HVAC unit
- Regularly change filters – Air filters should be changed regularly. Some filters can be changed easily, however, some require a professional. Consult your commercial HVAC contractor, request a free inspection!
- Clean both the inside and outside of the unit – Dust and dirt can build up on the inside and outside of your unit. If it is safe, you can do this on your own. By eliminating the dirt and dust, you are keeping a safe airflow in your building.
- Inspect the ducts – This is something that would require a professional HVAC contractor. Contact us now!
- Periodically check your unit – During Winter or Spring, which are low points for your HVAC system, it is important to periodically turn your unit on for an hour or two.
- Perform regular inspections – Most commercial HVAC contractors will perform free inspections for your unit. Regular inspections will help find points of vulnerability or small leaks that could cause permanent damage to your unit if left untreated.
Is it time for an upgrade?
Most units can last 15+ years with regular maintenance and support. If you have an outdated unit, it could be hurting your property more than benefiting it. Older units often need more repairs. Constant repairs can add up to be more costly in the end. Also, constant repairs on your commercial HVAC unit could mean that there is a more serious problem. Upgrades can not only raise your property value, but it can also save you money on energy bills.
Possible small upgrades that can be installed
– Programmable thermostat
If you believe that you need an upgraded HVAC unit, don’t start shopping now. It is important that you call your commercial HVAC contractor first. Most contractors will provide quotes for the best commercial HVAC unit depending on your budget and property situation.
Our technicians are specially trained to evaluate main and uncommon issues when it comes to HVAC units. Not only can we help perform regular maintenance, but we can also provide quotes for new units. The New Pipes team can help you order, install, repair and maintain commercial HVAC units. Since 2007 New Pipes has been improving the way we help our clients. We believe in educating our customers and explaining to them their options when it comes to projects, maintenance, and emergency repairs.
We believe in redefining the customer experience into a partnership, where we can give expert advice, but ultimately allow the customer to make the best decision based on their unique situation. If you need a good plumber and/or HVAC contractor, we would be happy to serve you. Need help? Drop us a line!